Earn healthy interest rates on your checking balances by simply using your MECU debit card, signing up for direct deposit, and opting for paperless statements.
We're taking high-interest checking to new heights.
Reap the rewards of an account that works harder.
RewardChecking does double duty as a superb checking account and an effective savings strategy. Qualifying for higher interest rates and ATM fee reimbursements is a breeze. All you need is:
- 12 debit card purchases during each monthly cycle
- One direct deposit, bill pay or automatic ACH payment
- Enrollment in free eStatements
- 3.00% APY* on balances up to $9,999.99
- 0.20% APY* on balances of $10,000 or more
- Reimbursements of up to $20 in monthly ATM fees charged by other banks
2022 Cycle Dates for RewardChecking
- Sept 29 - Oct 26
- Oct 27 - Nov 28
- Nov 29 - Dec 28
- Dec 29 - Jan 25, 2023
- Jan 26 - Feb 22
- Feb 23 - March 24
- March 25 - April 26
Reimbursements up to $20 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. This checking account only. When RewardChecking qualifications are not met, ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded. Rates and rewards are variable and may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
See Truth In Savings for full disclosure.