Earn healthy interest rates on your checking balances by simply using your MECU debit card, signing up for direct deposit, and opting for paperless statements.
We're taking high-interest checking to new heights.
Reap the rewards of an account that works harder.
RewardChecking does double duty as a superb checking account and an effective savings strategy. Qualifying for higher interest rates and ATM fee reimbursements is a breeze. All you need is:
- 12 debit card purchases during each monthly cycle
- One direct deposit, bill pay or automatic ACH payment
- Enrollment in free eStatements
- 3.00% APY* on balances up to $9,999.99
- 0.15% APY* on balances of $10,000 or more
- Reimbursements of up to $20 in monthly ATM fees charged by other banks
2021 Cycle Dates for RewardChecking
- Aug 26 – Sep 28
- Sep 29 – Oct 27
- Oct 28 – Nov 26
- Nov 27 – Dec 29
- Dec 30 (2021) – Jan 26 (2022)
- Jan 27 - Feb 23
- Feb 24 - Mar 29
- Mar 30 - Apr 27
Reimbursements up to $20 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. This checking account only. When RewardChecking qualifications are not met, ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded. Rates and rewards are variable and may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
See Truth In Savings for full disclosure.