* An official Federal Government furlough notification and documentation verifying you are a current Federal Government employee
* MECU member number or account number
* Other items as needed
Federal Government ShutdownJanuary 18, 2019
Affected by the Government Shutdown? We're here to help.MECU recognizes that many individuals and families may be experiencing a temporary financial hardship due to a disruption in pay as a result of the government shutdown. To support our members who are impacted, MECU is offering the following for Federal employees*:
- Loan payment assistance
- Refunds of late fees and non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees upon request, where applicable
- Penalty-free Certificate of Deposit (CD) withdrawals
- Expedited credit decisions for personal line increases and personal loans
For assistance, please call our Member Service Center at 410-752-8313 (800-248-6328) or stop by any MECU branch.
Additional Member Resources
- Free one-on-one financial counseling and debt management services
- Article: Affected by the Government Shutdown? Here’s What You Need To Know
For financial counseling assistance, please contact our partner GreenPath Financial Wellness at 877-337-3399 or greenpath.com.