Easy savings for everyone
Saving with MECU of Baltimore means you have the opportunity to save more than with the big banks. As a credit union, we return profits to our members with interest rates that are generally higher than at most other banks and financial institutions. Benefits don’t stop there.
Features of a MECU savings account include:
- Direct deposit
- No extra fees*
- No minimum balance requirements on most accounts
- Cash bonuses for accounts in good standing
- Easy-to-create recurring transfers, so you can pay yourself every month
- 24/7 telephone or online banking
Find the account right for you. Choose from one of our five savings accounts:
Share Savings: This account is usually the core of your credit union membership. You can even borrow against it at a lower interest rate if you need a loan. (See Truth in Savings for full disclosure.)
Pay All Year: Designed for Baltimore City teachers and paraprofessionals, this savings account helps to budget for the summer. Save throughout the year with this account and during the summer receive the amount you saved in four equal installments.
Holiday: Prepare for holiday spending with this account. Ensure you have the budget for seasonal gifts and expenses by saving throughout the year.
Money Market: These are high-yield savings accounts for investors who want greater access to their funds through check-writing ability.
Save for you :
Open a savings account today with MECU of Baltimore to start building for your future now.
* Inactive account maintenance fee for Share accounts with no activity for 12 consecutive months; $0.75 per month for share balances less than or equal to $50 or $1.50 per month for share balances greater than $50 up to $100. Waived on minor accounts.