A checking account that will earn you substantial interest
Open a MECU Checking Account with rewards to take advantage of an exceptional interest rate,* ATM fee refunds** and convenient services for your daily banking needs. Additional features include:
- 2.51% APY* on balances up to $9,999.99
- 0.75% APY* on balances of $10,000 or more
- 0.10% APY* on all balances when qualifications are not met
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds up to $20 per cycle**
- No monthly maintenance fee or minimum balance requirements
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Purchase rewards — get cash back when you shop using your MECU Visa Debit Card and Online Banking
Qualifying for RewardChecking is easy as 1-2-3
All you need to do is:
1. 12 debit card purchases during each monthly cycle
2. 1 direct deposit, 1 bill pay or 1 automatic ACH payment
3. Free E-statements
2017 Cycle Dates for CashBack and RewardChecking:
- Dec 30 (2016) – Jan 30 (2017)
- Jan 31 – Feb 27
- Feb 28 – Mar 30
- Mar 31 – Apr 27
- Apr 28 – May 30
- May 31 – Jun 29
- Jun 30 – Jul 27
- Jul 28 – Aug 30
- Aug 31 – Sep 28
- Sep 29 – Oct 30
- Oct 31 – Nov 29
- Nov 30 – Dec 28
Minimum to open account is $25. To qualify for RewardChecking all required transactions must be completed and cleared within the posted cycle dates. Transactions posted after a specific month's qualifying period will be counted toward the subsequent month's totals.
Open a RewardChecking account today
Open an account online or visit any MECU location to get started with a MECU RewardChecking account.
Added Bonus: Save even more by combining RealSaver with RewardChecking.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of . RewardChecking rate tiers: 2.51% APY applies to balances of $0 - $9,999.99 and 0.75% APY applies to balances of $10,000.00 and over if qualifications are met during the monthly qualification cycle. 0.10% APY applies to all balances if monthly qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 0.51% APY – 2.51% APY if monthly qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. Qualifying transactions must post and clear the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more business days from the transaction date to post to an account from the date the transaction is made. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying ACH transactions.
**ATM fee reimbursements up to $20 provided only if qualifications are met within the monthly qualification cycle. Checking account only.
See Truth in Savings for full disclosure.